UBA affords practicing attorneys and other legal professionals the opportunity to apply their experience and talents toward resolving important and challenging legal matters on a global level, working in a collegial environment alongside colleagues with both diverse skill sets and backgrounds and a shared commitment to quality client service, the legal profession, and supporting our Long Island City community.
We are always looking for exceptional attorneys and legal professionals to join us. Our hiring cycle varies based on the needs of our office and practice groups. Successful candidates will have an excellent academic record, high quality experience, and a genuine passion for the law.
If you are interested in a career with UBA, email your resume to our Human Resources Director, Ms. Sidney Gomez (email@example.com).
Legal Assistant (Immigration Practice Group)
The position entails extensive interaction with clients, staff, and attorneys. The ideal candidate will conduct client intakes, translations, preparation of applications, and collections and submission of documents. The candidate must be able to analyze case documents and prepare immigration applications for filing with the appropriate government agency and handle general administrative duties such as answering phones, making copies, filing, etc.
- Posses strong knowledge of procedural requirements for various types of nonimmigrant and immigrant visas
- Experience drafting and gathering documentation for Request For Evidence
- Solid MS Word, Excel, spelling, grammar, and typing skills
- Must be a team player, dependable, energetic, organized, and able to follow instructions
- Demonstrate ability to handle high volume case load while maintaining high level of productivity.
- Meets assigned deadlines and communicates case progress/status/issues to supervising attorney.
- Ability to contribute to positive work environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to demonstrate analytical and problem-solving skills within a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to demonstrate attention to detail
- Achieve a high level of productivity with accuracy Demonstrate flexibility and initiative regarding assignment
We offer a competitive salary and benefits. Candidates without experience will not be considered for the position.
Job Type: Full-time
Required experience: Immigration Law: 1 year
UBA has a proven track record in creating opportunities for attorneys and legal professionals of all backgrounds, regardless of gender, race ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, or beliefs. At UBA, our goal is to attract, retain, and promote outstanding attorneys and staff who reflect the world we live in and the community that we serve.
UBA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, religion, disability, citizenship status, national origin, pregnancy, veteran status and any other factor protected by applicable law. If you have any questions regarding the application process or need an accommodation to complete the application process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org