Usman B. Ahmad has over 16 years of experience practicing in all aspects of immigration law (including removal defense), family law, matrimonial, real estate, bankruptcy, corporate, and criminal matters. He regularly represents his clients before the U.S. Executive Office for Immigration Review, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, and Immigration and Customs Enforcement. He provides advice and counsel to individual and corporate clients worldwide.
Mr. Ahmad founded The Office of Usman B. Ahmad, located in Long Island City, in 2001. Previously, he, with his long-time friend and former partner, Joe Horn, held offices in Jackson Heights and New Jersey. After Mr. Horn’s decision to discontinue his practice of law, Mr. Ahmad took responsibility for all the firm’s clients, and consolidated the firm’s branches into one central location. Under his supervision and guidance, Mr. Ahmad’s firm has grown to include over thirty legal professionals, and continues to grow with the size of the firm’s global clientele base.
The South Asian Foundation, Inc. and the South Asian American Club of North America have recognized and honored Mr. Ahmad’s dedication, service, and generous support of the South Asian Community.
Mr. Ahmad has also provided pro bono representation on immigration and matrimonial matters to indigent victims of severe domestic violence.
Mr. Ahmad speaks Urdu/Hindi fluently, and has knowledge of Arabic, Bengali, French, Mandarin, Punjabi and Spanish.
• Hamilton College, Bachelor of Arts (1996)
• Brooklyn Law School, Juris Doctor (1999)
• American Immigration Lawyers Association
• Association of Trial Lawyers of American
• ASISTA Immigration Assistance
• State of New York
• U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
• U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
• U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
• U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
• U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
• U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
• U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
• U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
• U.S. Tax Court